Junior Proposal Writer / Sales Support Specialist
Are you looking for a proposal writing career in the software industry? Would you like to create compelling content for proposals and other business-related materials?
Assist our Sales team with new business sales proposals and documentation: your job
As Junior Proposal Writer / Sales Support Specialist you will be responsible for creating compelling proposal content for proposals other business-related materials. In this role, the Proposal Writer will focus on understanding the company’s core products and communicating them to our prospects. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and capable of working under strict deadlines.
We promise we’ll challenge you every step of the way: you’ll be working our diverse team of experts and supporting world-leading clients.
Working in our Braintree, MA office, you will be interacting with our team members around the world. Flexibility, time management, and a team-driven mindset are crucial.
In this role you will:
- Write and edit proposals, company history briefs, and other business-related communications
- Demonstrate an understanding of the subject matter and customer objectives
- Meet strict deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for research, writing, editing, reviews, and approvals
- Organize and lead Bid/No Bid meetings, proposal status meetings, and review sessions
- Create compliance matrices and schedules for proposal efforts
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to draft technical content
- Keep consistent style and writing standards and in a fast-paced environment
- Proofread and format reports, marketing materials, and presentations as required
- Complete online research about prospects as required
- Conduct professional email and phone communications with our prospects, customers, and partners
- Monitor websites for public proposal postings
- Maintain up-to-date company information in corporate proposal library
- Support sales team in our Boston-area office by ensuring accuracy and completeness of Salesforce data through daily updates and monitoring
- Provide office support as needed (ex., answering phones, greeting visitors)
Our mission is to deliver in-house software solutions that enable our clients to effectively solve their challenges—and that’s no simple task. To fulfill our mission, you have to be ambitious and have the analytical skills to assimilate information quickly. You are proactive, flexible, and you can easily motivate yourself as well as others.
Our ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience desired*
- Experience in proposal or grant writing is strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Familiar with AP Style Manual or similar is required
- Maintaining a strong work ethic and willingness to collaborate on a team required
- Graphic design and/or document layout skills strongly preferred
- Reading comprehension and attention to detail required
- Meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe
- Experience in Salesforce is desired, but not mandatory
- You are located in the Boston area
*We are eager to get to know you, regardless of you level of experience. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
We all know the finish can be breathtaking, but we believe the journey creates the best memories and learning moments. The magic happens outside your comfort zone. That’s why we celebrate our success in many ways—from large team initiatives and trainings to social events that help our people become more than just employees.
We are large enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You’re the director of your own career.
How we improve your life at work:
- Challenging projects with world-leading clients, both national and international
- Our Performance Management Program, including your personal development plan, annual goals, support and guidance
- A training budget for your personal development, provided by our Planon Academy
- A collaborative environment that encourages creativity and innovation
We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package. Curious to find out what’s it like to work at Planon? View our local benefits package here: Benefits United States
Are you interested in creating compelling content and helping us expand our footprint in North America?
Apply now and find out about all Planon has to offer.
Please send cover letter, resume, and 2-3 writing samples.
No agencies please. Only personal applications will be considered. #LI-LV1