Are you always interested in finding new solutions? Manage our clients by bringing a fresh perspective to our business and help our clients evolve.
Keeping a keen eye on our clients’ evolution: your job
As a Java Consultant you are part of the TMS (Tailor Made Software) team in which you and your Belgian and Indian colleagues are responsible for tailor-made assignments for our Belgian and Luxembourg clients. The TMS team is jointly responsible for its own qualitative and quantitative objectives with primary customer focus for optimal customer satisfaction.
Among other things, you realize interfaces with third-party systems and adaptations of Planon Business logic, and you are familiar with functional and technical designs. Above all you are a consultant who is a sparring partner for our client. You are able to advise and guide our client in their choices for customization of our standard product and you are well able to work independently but also together with your colleagues from the TMS team in Belgium or India. Your assignments can take place at the customer's location and/or at the Planon office in Mechelen.
We promise we’ll challenge you every step of the way: you’ll be working with world-leading clients and get responsibilities others may only dream of.
No matter whether you’re working on site with a client or remotely from our Mechelen office or at home, flexibility is crucial. Travel is part of the job – most days you’ll be spending at our clients’ offices, while on other days you’ll be working in the office or at home.
You successfully fulfill your role by:
- making tailor-made solutions for and at our clients;
- reporting on qualitative and quantitative objectives of projects and assignments to the Planon Project Manager and our client;
- achieving personal qualitative and quantitative targets;
- supporting sales during the sales process;
- supporting the project team during the implementation of the software;
- actively following developments in the field and indicating market trends and sharing these with you colleagues;
- contribute to the quality and improvement of the Planon product;
- coordination and managing TMS colleagues at other Planon locations.
Our mission is to deliver in-house software solutions that enable our clients to effectively solve their challenges – and that’s no simple task. To fulfill our mission, we need you to be entrepreneurial, client-oriented and analytical. You have a proven track record in software implementation and are well skilled in consulting tasks. With your ability to influence and persuade others, you can easily handle potentially conflicting visions and interests. In addition, you know how to build strong relationships with our clients by understanding their decision processes and advising them on optimal business cases and tactics.
Our ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT & Management or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience* in a similar position
- Good knowledge of Eclipse IDE
- Knowledge and experience with Agile working is an advantage
- Team player, innovative, proactive, strong analytical skills, customer-oriented, result-oriented and good communicative skills
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English
- Willing and available to travel within Belgium and occasionally to Luxembourg
- Available for 36 or 40 hours per week
*We are eager to get to know you, regardless of you level of experience. Our ideal consultant is an expert who enjoys sharing their knowledge with others and supporting them in an advisory role.
We all know the finish can be breathtaking, but we believe the journey creates the best memories and learning moments. The magic happens outside your comfort zone. That’s why we celebrate our success in many ways – from sharing compliments and large team events to spare-time initiatives that help our people become more than just employees.
We are large enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You’re the director of your own career.
How we improve your life at work:
- Challenging projects with world-leading clients, both national and international
- Our Performance Management Program, including your personal development plan, annual goals, support and guidance
- A training budget for your personal development, provided by our Planon Academy
- Creating ideas that genuinely add value for our clients
We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package. Curious to find out what’s it like to work at Planon? View our local benefits package here: Benefits Belgium
Are you able to ask the right questions to get all the essential details for optimal software configuration?
Apply now and find out how enjoyable working at Planon can be.
No agencies please. Only personal applications will be considered.
2 Screening & feedback
3 Face-to-Face interview
4 Online assessment & evaluation
5 Job offer
6 Welcome at Planon!
Didn’t find the job you were looking for?
Contact a recruiter
Speak to one of our recruiters in person to discuss your options.
Submit your resume
Submit your resume as an open application and we will contact you as soon as we see a match with one of our vacancies.
Follow us on LinkedIn
Follow us on LinkedIn and stay up-to-date on our latest news, events and vacancies.