Product Owner Cloud
To give you a glimpse of what a Product Owner Cloud at Planon does, Bob (Lead Deploy & Deliver) is happy to tell you more about the position: 'In the Cloud team, the goal is often more than just adding functionality to existing products. You are also working on self-developed tools and applications, which are used by internal colleagues to make their work easier. My goal here is to continuously add value to our portfolio of Cloud solutions.’
What makes it fun for Bob? 'Proposing and delivering new solutions in a continuous process, that gives me enormous energy. The broad palette of tools and products we work with appeals to me, you're not just focused on one specific functional or technical domain. We work with daily stand-ups, so everyone has insight into the progress and can ask questions and help each other to achieve an optimal result. This Agile way of working works very well for us.'
So what does his daily practice look like? Bob: 'Together with the Product Manager I define requirements so that we can determine the priorities. I then usually work out the short to medium term requirements in design sessions with the team. In this case I am always the representative of the customer. When you think of customers, you often think of external customers, but these are also internal colleagues. A weekly planning meeting then takes place, at which I plan the short-term goals and monitor progress together with the team. So, not only do you add value in translating requirements into user-friendly cloud solutions, but you also make sure that your colleagues can work as efficiently as possible.'
We hope you share Bob's passion for software design and are eager to share your knowledge. We are looking for someone who is not only analytically strong, but also able to assess the feasibility of the question and of the solution. In the team we always go for the best achievable quality. We are looking for someone who can think creatively and across departments, who dares to make choices and who is responsible. In return you will receive a lot of freedom from us!
Our ideal candidate has:
- A completed education in the field of ICT;
- 3-8 years of experience in a development function (for example requirements management, information analyst, functional design or a test related function);
- Knowledge of (or experience with) developing cloud solutions, preferably with AWS;
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and/or User Centered Design (knowledge of Interaction Design is a plus, but not a must);
- Dutch and English language knowledge is on a professional level.
We are big enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You are the director of your own career!
Our continuously growing Development team consists of 180 professionals in the Netherlands and India who inspire each other on a daily basis.
Bob likes to tell something about the team: ‘The team where Software Development and Operations come together is unique within Planon, the emphasis is even stronger on cooperation between different disciplines than in a regular development team. So in addition to the traditional developers and testers, you also work directly with Operations Engineers. Therefore it is important that you can communicate with everyone in the company. The result of the work is often directly visible for the team itself, but also for the many users. Short lines of communication with multiple departments within Planon create a dynamic team that is extremely customer-focused.'
What else do we offer?
- Our Performance Management Program, including your personal development plan, annual goals, support and guidance;
- A training budget for your personal development, provided by our Planon Academy;
- Coming up with ideas that add real value for our customers;
- A good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits.
Are you ready to continuously add value to our portfolio of Cloud solutions? Apply now and find out what it's like to work at Planon as a Product Owner Cloud!