Passionate about leading a team: the job
Are you looking for a challenging career with a leading product development company? Do you have an eye for quality, proven project delivery skills, and are passionate about coaching and mentoring your team? Are you tech-savvy and/or have a background in software development roles? If ‘yes’ for all- join our team now!
We are looking for a (Software) Development Manager, who will be responsible for on-time and quality delivery of planned functionality, while coaching and mentoring the multidisciplinary teams which include testers, (ux) designers, and developers.
You will be working in a high-paced, quality-driven, international product development organization. We have development centers in Hyderabad (India) and Nijmegen. You will be reporting to the Global Development Director. This is a full-time (0,8-1 FTE) position in our Nijmegen office.
As a Development Manager, you add value in many ways by:
- Execute and deliver the Planon product roadmap in cooperation with the Planon Solution centers;
- Day-to-day operational management of teams and development projects
- Responsible for the delivery of (team) commitments;
- Drive initiatives to continuously improve our (agile) development process in quality, productivity and reliablity;
- Raising the bar of teams and individuals and at the same time safeguarding a team or individual for creating unrealistic expectations and plans. Can overdeliver but not overpromise at work;
- Work on career development, coaching and mentoring of individuals in line with the department strategy and objectives.
Our ideal candidate ticks the majority of the following boxes:
- A Bachelor’s or Master degree in computer science or similar;
- At least five years of experience in an operational lead or management role, preferably at product based company;
- Very good analytical skills and tech-savvy enough to participate in (technological) product issues to serve as a catalyst in making better and faster decisions together with the team;
- Demonstrable multi-year experience with an Agile Development Methodology;
- Management experience with off-site teams;
- Demonstrable working experience in an international environment;
- Result-oriented and pragmatic, while balancing this with the department objectives and long term strategy;
- Open and easily accessible personality and experience in motivating an international and distributed team;
- Trustworthy, honest and have a proven track record in making tough and practical decisions;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language.
Our continuously growing Development team consists of 190 excellent colleagues who inspire each other on a daily basis. Achieving a goal gives a kick, but the journey towards it gives satisfaction and creates the best learning moments. We celebrate success in different ways: from giving compliments and big team events to spare-time initiatives that bring our people closer together.
We are large enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You’re the director of your own career.
This is how we improve your daily business:
- Meaningful training opportunities to fulfill your potential;
- Contribute to the realization of ideas that really add value for our customers
- Numerous benefits that stimulate a healthy lifestyle
We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package. Curious to find out how enjoyable working at Planon can be? View our local benefits package here: arbeidsvoorwaarden NL
Are you ready to manage our development team in Nijmegen?
Apply now and find out what it’s like to work at Planon
No agencies, please. Only personal applications will be considered.