Product Owner Financial Systems
As a product owner within our financial systems solution, you are the linking pin between our solution centers for integrated software platform for Financial Professionals and our development organization.
Your in-depth understanding of business processes and customer requirements within the financial/ accounting domain, allow you to successfully realize our product strategy. Your success is driven by your effective communication with internal customers and stakeholders, and your ability to challenge technical teams to find the best solution possible.
By doing this, you create the best solution in the market, while working closely with our product and partners managers, our innovation and product development and will achieve revenue and profit goals.
You inspire and challenge technical teams to find the best solutions possible. You do that while being part of the Product Line team, responsible for our financial (Lease Accounting) solutions and will report to the development director. The team consists of developers, architects, and functional designers / product owners. You translate customer needs into product requirements via the product backlog. A strong understanding of the market, technologies and solutions are crucial to be able to define and prioritize product feature requirements.
According to Kim van Heel, your colleague Product Owner in Nijmegen, your role is crucial:
“You play a key role in building a successful product. We continuously deliver customer value. Your goal is to make our users smile [BV1] by solving their business problems. And have fun doing it of course!”
To be successful in this role you need:
- At least five years' experience in product management / product ownership or product development in the business software industry and therefor extensive knowledge on accounting and understand the specific needs of our SME customers;
- A passion for building products people love and can inspire your development team to deliver the best solution possible. You have the ability to apply, translate and validate the necessary knowledge to new and changing business solutions;
- Experience with how to build the right functionality for your users by challenging and validating your own assumptions using product discovery techniques and measure the success of your product initiatives based on predefined key results and goals;
- A hands-on mentality;
- Dedication and devotion; you treat a roadmap as a promise not an activity list;
- Excellent communication skills and can communicate effectively in verbal and written English and Dutch.
We believe in a healthy work-life balance and offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including home and flexible working, private health insurance, 25 days holiday and a non-contributory pension scheme.
Planon is large enough to offer exciting international career opportunities and small enough to recognise individual contributions. Our culture encourages autonomy, empowerment and creativity, with a respected training and development programme to support your career.
We also think that being part of a successful team should be fun. Planon is an open, friendly place to work and we often celebrate our achievements with our colleagues through large team events and local activities. Curious to find out what is it like to work at Planon? View our local benefits package here: benefits the netherlands
Are you able you ask the right questions to get all the essential details
for optimal software configuration?
Apply now and find out how enjoyable working at Planon can be.
No agencies please. Only personal applications will be considered.