Financial Controller? That’s being the accounting and reporting expert. Being a true financial business partner and ensuring reliable internal and external reporting. Read on to find out more about this new role!
As Financial Controller in a new role, combined with Planon’s exponential growth, you will find yourself in a broad, challenging playing field. Worth knowing: Schneider Electric recently took a minority stake in Planon which has opened a huge window of opportunity for us. As a result, we already closed our first acquisition this year and we have widened our partnerships. We think you won't be bored any time soon!
Luuk: ‘In this reporting role, you'll be in close contact with all the local financials around the world, enabling you to stay on top of all the developments within Planon. What makes this role interesting is that it's in a fast-growing, international company, which demands a different way of reporting while ensuring quality. And of course, the atmosphere in our open, professional team makes it worthwhile!’
The following topics will be your main focus of attention:
- Monthly consolidation of our internal group reporting: in order to stay on track, we need reliable and timely reporting, and you are a main driver for delivery;
- Periodical consolidation and elimination process for external reporting purposes: for compliancy purposes you make sure we meet the criteria;
- Integration of new acquisitions in our consolidation: the first one is in, and it won’t be the last. Exiting times…;
- Primary responsible on assessing accounting issues: acquisitions, PPA, goodwill, earn-outs, minority shares, third party revenue: agent or principal, IFRS15 with complex contracts and POC estimates - quite divers!
- Preparation of the annual statements, statutory and consolidated: as the stakes are getting higher, the disclosures need to pick up the pace;
- Coordination on the external audit: you work alongside with your colleagues to prepare the audit files and you are the primary point of contact with our auditor;
- Support in the monthly, quarterly and annual group financial processes: as a Financial Controller you ensure the proper checks and balances;
- Support in the budgeting and forecasting process: as an expert on the actuals, no one better than you can support on budgeting and forecasting;
- Provide practical guidelines: as an accounting expert, you interpret changes in rules and regulations and have valuable input for the financial reporting and the accounting manual;
- Participation in improvement projects: as we are growing, change is inevitable. You are the gatekeeper that all financial reporting remains reliable and is available on time.
Sake (Global Finance Director): ‘Naturally, you need to have the right personality to do the job properly. We need you to act as a reliable business partner. I think, someone with an open, enthusiastic character and strong communication skills, can build trustful relationships within Planon. Besides that, we are looking for someone who is self-starting and shows initiative. Getting things done comes natural to you. Also, knowing how to prioritize and organize makes your work a lot easier.’
Our ideal candidate ticks the following boxes:
- Masters’ degree in Accounting, combined with postgraduate RA (theory);
- Minimum of approximately 5 years of relevant experience (preferably a background in accountancy);
- Relevant experience with consolidation, financial control and knowledge of Dutch Gaap;
- Excellent Excel skills and excellent speaking and writing skills in English and Dutch.
- Affinity with IT and software;
- Seeing we might change to IFRS in the near future, sound knowledge of IFRS is a plus;
- Knowledge of Lucanet is a plus.
As Finance department we want to be the reliable and pro-active business partner for the Planon organization and the outside stakeholders. We want to develop and invest in your competences, because we want to secure highly skilled staff that deliver consistent and quality performance. In this role you contribute to solve Financial complexities and bring us to the next level. To do so, you work closely with our Global Finance Director, Group Controller and Financial Accounting Coordinator.
We are big enough to offer stimulating career opportunities and small enough to value individual contributions. You are the director of your own career!
How we improve your daily life at work:
- Our ambition to grow has put us on a rollercoaster. This also brings new grounds to discover for accounting and reporting. Never a dull moment!
- Due to our ambitions, also the Finance department is in transition. Nothing is set in stone and there is room for personal development;
- Stimulating and challenging responsibilities;
- Creating ideas that genuinely add value for our employees;
- High-spec offices, working remote facilities and flexible working hours;
- We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package.
Are you ready to shape this new role and hit the ground running? Apply now!
No agencies please. Only personal applications will be considered.