Are you a specialist in IT law and excited to provide legal support and add value to the business in order to enable Planon’s growth goals and mitigate risks?
Providing legal support to the companies and departments of Planon: your job
As Legal Counsel and member of the legal team at the Planon Legal Department at Planon’s headquarter in Nijmegen, the Netherlands, you are responsible for providing legal support to the companies and departments within the Planon Group in accordance with the Planon Legal Department mission. The mission of the Planon Legal Department is to deliver high quality and efficient legal support to all companies and departments within the Planon Group, in order to mitigate risks and to add a sustainable competitive advantage in compliance with applicable laws and Planon policies.
We promise we’ll challenge you every step of the way: you’ll be working with world-leading clients and get responsibilities others may only dream of.
You successfully fulfill your role by:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts of customer related agreements and supplier related agreements;
- Assist in policy drafting;
- Continuously improving the contract management process;
- Handling disputes, claims and preparation of court cases;
- Liaising with external counsel;
- Legal and general advice on and implementation of special projects or areas (e.g. new business models, software platform licensing models, partnering structures etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date legal knowledge level and keep Planon informed about applicable new regulations, laws and case laws;
- Involving and steering external attorneys and advisors;
- Conducting the business according to applicable law and company rules;
- Pro-actively contribute to the customer-oriented SSC image and high standard service level.
Our mission is to deliver in-house software solutions that enable our clients to effectively solve their challenges – and that’s no simple task. To fulfill our mission, we need you to be entrepreneurial, client-oriented and analytical.
Our ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- A Master's degree law, specialized in IT and/or contract related law;
- A minimum of 3 to 7 years of relevant experience in a similar role as an in-house legal counsel in an international setting or as lawyer at a leading law firm;
- Proven knowledge of, and experience with structuring, reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of IT related contracts such as software license agreements, related maintenance and support agreements, consultancy agreements, partner agreements, SaaS agreements, non-disclosure agreements, cloud services agreements, service level agreements, data processing agreement and supplier related agreements, etc);
- Proven and strongly developed business sense and interest in technology to be able to work with internal and external stakeholders in an international, multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- Proven ability to deal with a high workload under time pressure and have the determination to achieve high-quality business results with a strong sense of responsibility;
- Proven to be a service-orientated team player, with an ambitious, hands-on, but persistent mentality;
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English and Dutch; Pre: French.
We all know the finish can be breathtaking, but we believe the journey creates the best memories and learning moments. The magic happens outside your comfort zone. That’s why we celebrate our success in many ways – from sharing compliments and large team events to spare-time initiatives that help our people become more than just employees.
We are large enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You’re the director of your own career.
How we improve your life at work:
- Challenging projects with world-leading clients, both national and international
- Our Performance Management Program, including your personal development plan, annual goals, support and guidance
- A training budget for your personal development, provided by our Planon Academy
- Creating ideas that genuinely add value for our clients
We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package. Curious to find out what’s it like to work at Planon? View our local benefits package here: Benefits Netherlands
Are you able to add value to our legal team and the overall Planon goals for the bright future?
Apply now and find out how enjoyable working at Planon can be.
No agencies please. Only personal applications will be considered.