Are you a specialist in IT law, excited to provide legal support and keen to add value to the business in order to enable Planon’s growth goals and mitigate risks?
Your job: providing legal support to the companies and departments of Planon while working with world-leading clients
As Legal Counsel and member of the legal team at Planon’s headquarter in Nijmegen, you are responsible for providing legal support to the companies and departments within the Planon Group in accordance with the Planon Legal Department mission. The mission of the Planon Legal Department is to deliver high quality and efficient legal support to all companies and departments within the Planon Group, in order to mitigate risks and to add a sustainable competitive advantage in compliance with applicable laws and Planon policies.
Raymond (Global Legal Counsel): ‘For me, besides the challenging legal issues it’s the culture of Planon that makes my job even more exciting. Also, within Planon there is an open door policy and I’ve been constantly stimulated to develop my skills. At the same time I experience a lot of responsibility and freedom.’
- You successfully fulfill your role by:
Drafting and negotiating contracts of customer related agreements and supplier related agreements;
- Continuously improving the contract management process;
- Advising and supporting implementation of special projects or areas (e.g. new business models, software platform licensing models, partnering structures etc.);
- Maintain up-to-date legal knowledge level and keep Planon informed about applicable new regulations, laws and case laws;
- Involving and steering external attorneys and advisors and liaising with external counsel;
- Understanding and acting the right way when it comes to the encounter of the targets from our sales department and the mission of the legal department;
- Conducting the business according to applicable law and company rules;
- Pro-actively contribute to the high quality of our legal department so we can be of added value to the company.
Our mission is to deliver in-house software solutions that enable our clients to effectively solve their challenges – and that’s no simple task. To fulfill our mission, we need you to be entrepreneurial, client-oriented and analytical.
Raymond explains: ‘We are looking for someone who has a strongly developed business sense and interest in technology, to be able to work with internal and external stakeholders in an international, multicultural and multidisciplinary environment. You should also have the ability to maintain a high workload under time pressure and have the determination to achieve high-quality business results with a strong sense of responsibility. Last but not least; you fit the profile when you’re a service-orientated team player, with an hands-on, but persistent mentality.’
Our ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- A Master's degree law, specialized in IT and/or contract related law;
- 3 to 7 years of relevant experience in a similar role as an in-house legal counsel in an international setting or as lawyer at a leading law firm;
- Proven knowledge of, and experience with reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of IT related contracts such as agreements regarding software license, related maintenance and support, consultancy, SaaS, non-disclosure, service levels and supplier related;
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English and Dutch (nice to have: French).
We all know the finish can be breathtaking, but we believe the journey creates the best memories and learning moments. The magic happens outside your comfort zone. That’s why we celebrate our success in many ways – from sharing compliments and large team events to spare-time initiatives that help our people become more than just employees.
We are large enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You’re the director of your own career.
How we improve your life at work:
- Working with world-leading clients, both national and international;
- Our Performance Management Program, including your personal development plan, annual goals, support and guidance;
- A training budget for your personal and professional development, provided by our Planon Academy;
- By means of constructive collaboration and sharing best practices with your experienced colleagues, you will continuously develop your skills in this working field.
We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package. Curious to find out what’s it like to work at Planon? View our local benefits package here.
Are you able to add value to our legal team? Apply now and find out how enjoyable working at Planon can be!
No agencies please. Only personal applications will be considered.