Do you want to assure high quality- user friendly software? Are you an expert in testing and evaluating the software developed by your international colleagues? In this role you have impact on the improvement of first time-right software development.
Keeping a keen eye on quality of our code: your job
As a Software Tester within our Planon as a Platform Solution Expertise Center (PSEC) Team, you want to work on solutions that matters. At Planon, you can. Our mission is to be the best by delivering in-house software solutions that enable our clients to effectively solve their facility and real estate challenges. Our PSEC team is a team with colleagues in India (11 colleagues) and the Netherlands (5 colleagues). The team is responsible for developing new apps on our Planon platform together with our Tech Partner team, maintaining existing customer solutions and serves as the knowledge center regarding the Planon Platform.
We need you to test our web-based enterprise products together with your multidisciplinary agile scrum team. We challenge you every step of the way: international colleagues, innovative products and great career opportunities are all part of your job.
We'll keep you up to date about the latest trends and major investment themes for years to come, including cloud, mobile, IoT, analytics and AI.
As a Software Tester, you add value in many ways by:
- Be a promotor in your team of improved ways of working to reach bug prevention instead of bug detection (first time right);
- Play an important role in the stages before software is delivered; contribute to the quality of the software specifications, contribute to the quality of code designs and regression test cases (shift left);
- Testing Planon’s web-based product using our state-of-the-art testing tools, such as QF-Test, JUnit, Selenium, NeoLoad;
- Creating logical test designs with the use of standard test design techniques;
- Steering on technical and functional quality of product development;
- Being the fallback for other testers in your team when they don’t know how to do something.
Where would we be without passion for software development? We would also like to see this passion in you and we would like you to share this with your colleagues. You're driven to take things proactively instead of waiting for something to happen - even when it's never been done before. Open and transparent, are the most important qualities we want to see in you. In addition, you breathe quality and stand behind your technical skills and know how to combine this perfectly with a pragmatic mentality.
Our ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in (Business) IT / informatics or similar
- 3 – 8 years’ relevant work experience as a Software tester or Test engineer (manual as well functional testing)*
- Experience with SQL and XSLT script is a preference
- Analytically strong and conscientious in execution, problem solving and the ability to mitigate risks
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, preferably Dutch as well
- Good communication skills; as well with customers/partners to understand project requirements, as with developers to provide the best solution approach for project requirements
- Good experience in designing and writing test scenarios & cases
- The ambition to help us maintain our position as a worldwide market leader
*We are eager to get to know you, regardless of you level of experience. Our ideal tester is an expert who enjoys sharing his / her knowledge with others and support us in developing first time-right software.
Our continuously growing Development team consists of 180 excellent colleagues in the Netherlands and India who inspire each other on a daily basis. Achieving a goal gives a kick, but the journey towards it gives satisfaction and creates the best learning moments. We celebrate success in different ways: from giving compliments and big team events to spare-time initiatives that bring our people closer together.
We are large enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You are the director of your own career.
This is how we improve your daily business:
- Meaningful training opportunities to fulfill your potential.
- Contribute to the realization of ideas that really add value for our customers.
- Numerous benefits that stimulate a healthy lifestyle.
We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package. Curious to find out how enjoyable working at Planon can be? View our local benefits package here: Benefits The Netherlands
Do you want to improve the quality in our software solutions for 2500 international customers?
Apply and we will bring you in contact with our colleagues!
No agencies, please. Only personal applications will be considered.