Do you want to assure high quality, user friendly software? Are you an expert in testing and evaluating the software developed by your international colleagues? In this role you have impact on the improvement of first time-right software development.
Your job: keeping a keen eye on quality of our code
As a Software Tester within our Planon as a Platform Solution Expertise Center (PSEC) Team, you work on solutions that matter. Our mission is to be the best by delivering in-house software solutions that enable our clients to effectively solve their facility and real estate challenges.
We need you to test our web-based enterprise products together with your multidisciplinary agile scrum team. We promise to challenge you every step of the way. International colleagues, innovative products and great career opportunities: all part of the job.
We'll keep you up to date about the latest trends and major investment themes for years to come, including cloud, mobile, IoT, analytics and AI.
As a Software Tester, you add value in many ways. For example by:
- Being a promotor in your team of improved ways of working to reach bug prevention instead of bug detection (first time right);
- Playing an important role in the stages before software is delivered. You contribute to the quality of the software specifications and to the quality of code designs and regression test cases (shift left);
- Testing Planon’s web-based product using our state-of-the-art testing tools, such as QF-Test, JUnit, Selenium and NeoLoad;
- Creating logical test designs with the use of standard test design techniques;
- Steering on technical and functional quality of product development;
- Being the fallback for other testers in your team when they don’t know how to do something.
Where would we be without passion for software development? We would also like to see this passion in you and see the ambition to help us maintain our position as a worldwide market leader. You're driven to take things proactively, even when it's never been done before. Open and transparent, are the most important qualities we would like to see in you. Also, we are looking for someone with good communication skills; with customers/partners, as well as with developers. In addition, you breathe quality and combine this perfectly with a pragmatic mentality. Last but not least; you are analytically strong, problem solving and possess the ability to mitigate risks.
Our ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in (Business) IT / informatics or similar;
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience as a Software tester or Test engineer (manual as well functional testing)*;
- Knowledge of designing and writing test scenarios & cases;
- Experience with SQL and XSLT script is a plus, not a must;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, preferably Dutch as well.
*We are eager to get to know you, regardless of you level of experience. Our ideal tester is an expert who enjoys sharing knowledge with others and support us in developing first time-right software.
Our continuously growing Development team consists of 180 excellent colleagues in the Netherlands and India who inspire each other on a daily basis. Our PSEC team is a team with colleagues in India (11 colleagues) and the Netherlands (5 colleagues). The team is responsible for developing new apps on our Planon platform together with our Tech Partner team, maintaining existing customer solutions and serves as the knowledge center regarding the Planon Platform.
We are large enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You are the director of your own career.
This is how we improve your daily business:
- Meaningful training opportunities to fulfill your potential.
- Contribute to the realization of ideas that really add value for our customers.
- Numerous benefits that stimulate a healthy lifestyle.
We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package. Curious to find out how enjoyable working at Planon can be? View our local benefits package here: Benefits The Netherlands
Do you want to improve the quality in our software solutions for 2500 international customers?
No agencies, please. Only personal applications will be considered.