Senior Software Consultant
We are looking for an experienced lead consultant to join our dynamic project team.
As a Senior Software Consultant, you add value in many ways by:
- Build strong relationships with customers and understand the decision processes
- Guide our clients in optimising their processes through our best practices
Understand (potential) customer challenges, demands, problems, and processes, and translate these into process designs and requirements based on the standard Planon software solutions.
- Remain sensitive to situations with possible conflicting visions and interests
- Work as part of a project team to deliver implementation services for both new and existing clients
- Facilitate workshops and deliver presentations to our clients
- Prepare specification documents to detail the Planon configuration that will meet the customers’ requirements
- Configure our Planon software to meet documented in-scope client requirements
- Collaborate with and mentor Planon implementation consultants
- Support the project managers to prepare the project plans and manage project scope, risk, quality, and budget.
- Work closely with the project managers keeping them informed of progress
- Raise issues & risks to the project manager as necessary
- Successfully deliver the solution within the scope, time, budget and quality
- Actively contribute to high team standards by maintaining the process flow, defining roadmaps, and ensuring the right process sequence
- Learn the capabilities of our Planon software portfolio in order to translate innovative ideas to solutions
- Keep skills and knowledge levels up to date
- Continually assess and contribute to services process improvements
We are looking for a professional team player who wants to push themselves and are passionate about their career. You will possess a good combination of client-facing skills and analytical & technical aptitude to understand requirements to implement & integrate the Planon software solution into our customers’ IT environments and business. Full training in the Planon CAFM/IWMS software will be provided.
Our ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- At least 8 years’ relevant work experience in Software Implementations, preferably in FM & Real estate software – specifically CAFM or IWMS applications
- Influencing and persuasion skills and ability to understand the customers’ business needs
- The ability to advise customers on business cases and optimization tactics
- Good conceptual skills and able to solve problems and formulate processes to your team members as well the client
- Proven multicultural influencing, diplomatic, change management and consulting skills with a commercial attitude
- Experience working on multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience working with external customer-facing projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Industrious, willing and able to work to deadlines
- Result driven, eager, solution minded and able to take risks
- Ability to remain objective and goal-focused under pressure
- Organised, methodical and conscientious
- Demonstrates stability; reliability; continuity
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-reliant, confident, decisive
- Good general IT knowledge is essential
- Competent user of MS office applications including MS Excel
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in IT & Management, or Facility Management & Real Estate, would be beneficial
- Commutable to Brighton
- Willing to travel UK-wide and occasionally internationally
We believe in a healthy work-life balance and offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including home and flexible working, private health insurance, 25 days holiday and a non-contributory pension scheme.
Planon is large enough to offer exciting international career opportunities and small enough to recognise individual contributions. Our culture encourages autonomy, empowerment and creativity, with a respected training and development programme to support your career.
We also think that being part of a successful team should be fun. Planon is an open, friendly place to work and we often celebrate our achievements with our colleagues through large team events and local activities.
Equal Opportunities Statement
It is the policy of the Company that all employees and job applicants shall be afforded equal opportunity for employment and advancement with the Company, on the basis of their ability, qualifications and suitability for work, irrespective of their race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disablement, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, religion or trade union activity.