Are you a compliance officer with experience in an international company who is pragmatic and who has a passion for compliance? Are you excited to make this brand-new position a big success?
Your job: advise and control the organization on compliance topics and ensure that we continuously comply with laws and regulations applicable to our organization and our products and services
As a result of our international company growth, we are looking for a Compliance Officer. You will fullfill a brand-new position and become a member of the Planon Legal Department at our headquarter in Nijmegen. You are responsible for several challenging compliancy and privacy tasks. Because of the fact that this is a new role, you will design and implement a compliance program, inform and advice the entire company globally on compliancy issues, supervise on compliance related laws and regulations. You create awareness, promote and take care of compliancy issues and play an active role in privacy related issues. You will report directly to the General Counsel and work closely together with the business, legal and finance.
The mission of the Planon Legal Department is to deliver high quality and efficient legal support to all companies and departments within the Planon Group, in order to mitigate risks and to add a sustainable competitive advantage in compliance with applicable laws and Planon policies.
We promise we’ll challenge you every step of the way, you’ll be working in an independent role; a role you can give substance to yourself!
You successfully fulfill your role by:
- Designing, implementing, executing and maintaining a compliance program and related policies to push the company and product to a higher overall required level of compliancy including GDPR and related privacy compliancy regulations;
- Mapping out potential risks, identifying which compliancy topics are already covered and which can be improved. You hereto involve everyone within the company in a constructive and positive way, by pro-actively advising on, taking care and creating awareness of compliancy issues and promoting the compliance program through training and communication. You are the person to go to for questions on compliancy issues;
- Designing, implementing customer acceptance procedures and procedures related to import and export control rules and trade regulations;
- Successfully translating compliance related laws and regulations into clear and practical policies and guidelines for the business.
Pierre (General Counsel) explains: 'To fulfill Planon Legal Department’s mission, we need you to be able to translate applicable laws and regulations into clear and structural business procedures. We are also looking for someone with experience in an international company in a similar role with respect to compliancy, someone who features good project management skills and who is organizationally strong and brings overview. You have to be firm, persuasive, as well as social, connecting and build relationships naturally. If this fits your profile, we would like to meet you as soon as possible!’
Our ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- A Master's degree law (or comparable), preferably specialized or knowledgeable in IT and/or compliancy related law;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in various compliancy and risk assessments roles and responsibilities in an international setting;
- Proven knowledge of compliancy and privacy laws and regulations, for example Customer Due Diligence, GDPR and ePrivacy;
- Proven and strongly developed business sense and interest in technology to be able to work with internal and external stakeholders in an international, multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- Proven project management skills, organizationally strong and brings overview and works structurally;
- Analytical, discrete, objective, independent and excellent communication skills and fluent in English and Dutch (pre: French and German).
We all know the finish can be breathtaking, but we believe the journey creates the best memories and learning moments. The magic happens outside your comfort zone. That’s why we celebrate our success in many ways – from sharing compliments and large team events to spare-time initiatives that help our people become more than just employees.
We are large enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You’re the director of your own career.
How we improve your life at work:
- Challenging contacts with internal international colleagues and projects with world-leading clients, both national and international;
- Our Performance Management Program, including your personal development plan, annual goals, support and guidance;
- A training budget for your personal development, provided by our Planon Academy;
- This job contains a lot of potential to step up your compliancy knowledge, in which your colleagues contribute;
- The job also contains the possibility to turn your passion for compliancy into a job in which you get the chance to do it your –and the right- way!
We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package. Curious to find out what’s it like to work at Planon? View our local benefits package here: Benefits Netherlands
Are you able to add value to our legal team and the overall Planon goals for the bright future?