Manager Services / Project Manager
Are you ready to lead a fun and energetic team? Do you have solid Project Management experience and want to manage a services team in a growing business?
Keeping a keen eye on the team, our clients and our projects: your job
As a Manager Services, your main focus is to manage the services team based in Gothenburg, as well our clients and our projects and support the expansion of our business. How? By ensuring smooth project management and implementation of our software solutions for our customers within budget.
About 50% of the time you are active in projects as a project manager. In your function as project manager or steering committee, you will also negotiate any additional requirements or scope changes and be the first point of contact in the event of an escalation. In the pre-sales phase, you will prepare cost estimates and accompany the sales process.
The other half of the time you will be managing your team, ensure targets are reached and stimulate the personal development of your team members.
Additionally you will be the leader for our Gothenburg office, working closely together with the manager sales in the Nordics as well as the EMEA West management team to ensure long term success in the Nordic region.
You are sensitive to situations with possible conflicting visions and interests, as well as to changing goals and playing fields. With influencing and persuasion skills and ability to understand the customers’ business needs, you are able to keep the flow in the process and relationship, facilitate the business when needed, support in defining roadmaps and make sure that steps in the process are made right. Next to this, you are also actively coaching your colleagues, showing initiative and high professionalism as well as a drive for continuous improvement of yourself, the team and the company.
We promise we’ll challenge you every step of the way: you’ll be working with world-leading clients and get responsibilities others may only dream of.
No matter whether you’re working on site with a client, from our Gothenburg office or at home, flexibility is crucial.
You successfully fulfill your role by:
- Oversee all business activities in the Nordics by closely working together with the manager sales and the EMEA West management team;
- Forecasting and achieving the financial targets target for the team;
- Planning and managing resources to deliver services;
- Hands on lead the delivery of key projects. to deliver billable system implementation services, for both new and existing clients;
- Playing the role of business partner towards the customer;
- Planning and managing resources to deliver Services;
- Being customer-facing and engaged (for example: represent Planon in the customer steering group);
- Developing your team and recruiting for replacements and new hires;
- HR responsible for the team (consultants and project managers).
Our Gothenburg office is a small but quickly growing part of the Planon Group. We opened the office in summer 2018 and are now working with over 10 professionals with the sales/marketing as well as providing professional services to our customers. The sales and services team are working tightly together and additionally there is a tight collaboration with the Dutch and UK offices, with which we form the EMEA West region within Planon. From Gothenburg we serve all our customers in the Nordic region, covering world leading brands in Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland.
Our mission is to deliver in-house software solutions that enable our clients to effectively solve their challenges – and that’s no simple task. To fulfill our mission, we need you to be entrepreneurial, client-oriented and analytical. You have a proven track record in project management within a software environment. With your ability to manage the team, you are able to get the team to a higher level and be able to support the expansion or our offices.
Our ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- A relevant university degree
- At least 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Experience in software implementations and/or software consulting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Analytical, Hands-on and Customer oriented
- Proven multicultural influencing, diplomatic, change management and consulting skills with a commercial attitude
- Able to perform under pressure and manage escalations or conflicts of interest constructively
- Prince2, PMP, IPMA or similar qualification is a plus
- Experience with managing a team is a plus
- Fluent in English and Swedish, any additional Nordic language is a plus
- Willingness to travel within the Nordics and occasionally to the Netherlands
We all know the finish can be breathtaking, but we believe the journey creates the best memories and learning moments. The magic happens outside your comfort zone. That’s why we celebrate our success in many ways – from sharing compliments and large team events to spare-time initiatives that help our people become more than just employees.
We are large enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You’re the director of your own career.
How we improve your life at work:
- Challenging projects with world-leading clients, both national and international
- Meaningful training sessions that help you to fulfill your career potential
- Many benefits that stimulate a healthy lifestyle
- Creating ideas that genuinely add value for our clients
We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package.
Are you able to lead a team, but as well lead operational projects?
Apply now and find out how enjoyable working at Planon can be.
No agencies please. Only personal applications will be considered.