Imagine that you are responsible for managing our Cloud platform that is used by both customers and colleagues. As a Cloud engineer you contribute to the continuous improvement of the stability, availability and new functionalities of the platform, resulting in better services at lower costs
Are you the new colleague we are looking for? Take the plunge and direct your own career!
Passionate about translating customer wishes into software design: your position
As an IT professional you want to work on solutions that matter. That is possible at Planon. Our mission is to be the best by providing in-house software solutions that enable our clients to effectively solve their facility and real estate challenges. As a Cloud engineer you go for optimal availability for our customers. With an “automate everything” mindset you take care of maintaining, monitoring, keeping safe and improving our Cloud platform.
We need you to translate our customers' needs into a cloud solution for our web-based enterprise products, together with your multidisciplinary team members, who also develop and maintain our cloud-based development path, as well as the cloud management tools that Operations uses. In this context you work together with various internal customers to further expand and update these processes. We challenge you every step of the way: world-renowned brands, innovative products and great career opportunities are all part of your job.
We expect you to keep yourself informed of the latest trends and themes for the coming years, including container technology, container orchestration (Kubernetes) and public Cloud themes (AWS).
We promise to challenge you every step of the way: you will work with your team to create and maintain the best globally operating Cloud platform.
You fulfill your role successfully by:
- To be actively involved in researching, testing and implementing new Cloud technologies
- Monitoring and guaranteeing the continuity and availability of the Cloud platform, of course on the basis of existing service level agreements
- Thinking about quality improvements of processes, procedures and information provision
- Monitor the progress of tickets and ensure that they are handled appropriately with appropriate substantive feedback
- Answer cloud related questions for partners, internal and external customers
- Willingness to participate in 24/7 Cloud Stand-by Service
To properly fulfill this position, you have:
- A completed HBO / WO education in the field of ICT and at least 2 years of experience with software engineering or experience as a Cloud engineer
- Knowledge of public Cloud technology (eg AWS, Azure, GCP)
- The capacity to automate as much manual work as possible based on infrastructure-as-code. Knowledge of Cloud Formation, Jenkins, Terraform is a strong plus
- Basic knowledge of the above? Then we would like to teach you the rest!
We are of course looking for a person who fits in the team. In addition to analytical skills, we expect a strong communication engineer who is able to work together constructively and ensure that the team achieves the intended results. Working in an Agile / Scrum way is not unknown to you and you think it is cool to be busy with innovation and continuous improvement of a cloud platform. You can also use advisory and didactic skills in this position.
Finally, we like to celebrate successes, hopefully you too?
Our continuously growing Development team consists of 180 excellent colleagues in the Netherlands and India who inspire each other every day. Achieving a goal gives a kick, but the journey to it is satisfying and ensures the best learning moments. We celebrate success in a variety of ways, from praise and big team events to leisure initiatives that bring our people closer together.
We are large enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You are the director of your own career
This is how we improve your day-to-day business:
- Challenging projects with world-leading clients, both nationally and internationally
- Our Performance Management Program, including your personal development plan, annual goals, support and guidance
- A training budget for your personal development, provided by our Planon Academy
- Coming up with ideas that really add value for our customers
- We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits. Curious how much fun it can be to work at Planon? View our local benefits package here: benefits-the-Netherlands
Are you ready to develop our next generation of user-friendly solutions?
Apply now and discover what it's like to work at Planon
Only personal applications please