Senior Public Relations and Communications Manager
Do you want to create and maintain our favourable public image for Planon? Do you get your energy out of writing materials for media releases, plan & direct public relations programs?
Planon is in search of a proven and passionate Public Relations & Communications professional that can help craft and evangelize our message. In this new organizational role, you will be given the opportunity to increase awareness and develop an enviable image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
The successful person understands the industries that Planon engages in, maintains critical media relationships and can connect the dots across a deep technology portfolio to create compelling story lines across the various industries that this sector serves. This person needs to be a strong writer and communicator, who can work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and PR agency partners to deliver top results.
This position reports to our Chief Strategy Officer
Do you want to talk our walk and drive our business and technology forces?
You successfully fulfill your role by:
- Develop and drive Planon’s PR programs for the company’s business to ensure positive positioning of its products, solutions and services in business, tech and media
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with top-tier media
- Provide counsel to executives, spokespeople and communications management on how to message and position the business and its innovations
- Develop intriguing content for communications opportunities including press releases, blogs, messaging documents, FAQs, press presentations, and speaking opportunities
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, analyst relations and social media to proactively engage in communications content and media opportunities
- Work closely with PR agency partners to develop media strategies and execute program elements
- Coordinating all public relations activities including media inquiries and interview requests
- Developing a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Developing a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results via KPIs on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
Our ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- 10+ years’ experience managing public relations programs; in-house and/or public relations agency experience required
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Experience in large, global B2B technology, software, services companies a plus
- Strong writer and storyteller that can draft compelling messaging for use in press releases, messaging documents, press presentations, bylines, blogs and FAQs
- Expert knowledge of the competitive landscape to develop rapid response to breaking situations that require messaging or external media activity
- Experience working with distributed global PR and agency partners to ensure global consistency and alignment of messaging and campaigns
- Existing relationships with industry journalists is a plus
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both national and international business and industry media outlets a plus
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
We all know the finish can be breathtaking, but we believe the journey creates the best memories and learning moments. The magic happens outside your comfort zone. That’s why we celebrate our success in many ways – from sharing compliments and large team events to spare-time initiatives that help our people become more than just employees.
We are large enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You’re the director of your own career.
How we improve your life at work:
- Challenging projects with world-leading clients, both national and international
- Meaningful training sessions that help you to fulfill your career potential
- Many benefits that stimulate a healthy lifestyle
- Creating ideas that genuinely add value for our clients
We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package.
“Without publicity there is no prosperity”
Apply now and find out how enjoyable working at Planon can be
No agencies please. Only personal applications will be considered