Is Technical writing your passion? Do you enjoy working together with developers and product owners to deliver quality documentation? Do you like to write conceptual documentation, detailed integration guides, code samples, API reference, and other online materials in a user-friendly language? Are you outspoken and you like to take ownership. You are determined to influence content, drive the documentation strategy, user experience, and tooling? Come work at Planon!
As a Technical Writer, you will write technical documentation for our customers (internal/external), mostly user guides and some technical references. You will be part of one of the multidisciplinary scrum teams in Hyderabad. You will be responsible for
- Deliver clear and concise documentation in simple and easy-to-read English.
- Concept and build solutions to automate and actively optimize our docs.
- Review, challenge and copy edit the content created by non-writers and drive best practices in technical writing with others.
- A bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Communication, or similar, or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in Technical writing, Maximum of 9 years.
- Excellent, demonstrable English verbal and written communication skills
- First-hand experience with Information architecture and flawless grammar skills
- Prioritization and organizational skills that combine keeping overview, with an eye for detail
- Ability to be a team player who has a “can do” proactive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to take ownership of issues and drive them through, to a resolution
- Ability to learn technical aspects of software products
- Experience working with multiple development teams at the same time
- Technical writing experience in a large organization
- Agile documentation strategy experience
- Product-oriented thinking; preferably experience in working for a product company
- Familiarity with the internals of documentation Content Management Systems and standards such as DITA, XML and HTML
- Topic-based documentation experience
Our Product Development department consists of 150+ enthusiastic and driven colleagues. You will receive a training budget for your personal development, as well as many other opportunities to grow. You will work within an international environment at the world market leader, of FM software. You will work at a company with a strong social and personal character.
What does Planon offer you
The Planon Performance Management Program, containing your personal development plan, training at the Planon Academy, annual goals and support and guidance in your personal development
A challenging position at the global market leaders in Facility Management and Real Estate Software (Integrated Workplace Management Systems) with a clear ambition to be the undisputed leader in this market
An inspiring international environment
Planon offers you an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package, providing a good balance between business and leisure. View our local benefits package here: Benefits India.
Amongst our secondary benefits, we offer flexible working hours and training possibilities. This is a full-time position in our Hyderabad office.