Do you want to assure high quality- user friendly software? Are you an expert in testing and evaluating the software developed by your international colleagues? In this role you have impact on the improvement of first time-right software development.
Keeping a keen eye on quality of our code: your job
You will be responsible for boosting our performance testing to the next level.
Our software is used on a worldwide scale, in multiple datacenters and our global customers are amongst the biggest brands in the world. Ensuring operational performance to those customers is one of the key elements in our service and for that big responsibility we are looking for the thriving force to lead the way and make it happen.
Our department contains on 25 development teams that primarily focus on the functional behavior of our software. You will guide, coach and mentor the teams in designing, developing and testing with performance in mind. Also your own hands will get dirty as leading is done by example. This is a job with a lot of freedom and together with our leads, you define your own goals, priorities and tasks.
We'll keep you up to date about the latest trends and major investment themes for years to come, including cloud, mobile, IoT, analytics and AI.
As a Software Tester, you add value in many ways by:
- You will be working closely together with our lead quality architect to setup a performance test strategy for our department. The QA lead will also be your sparring partner for your day-to-day business.
- You coach our testers in designing and executing a good performance test.
- You help our developers in using JProfiler.
- You will actively reach out to our teams to increase their performance awareness.
- You will promote activities in all SDLC stages that will improve the software performance, like the creation of non-functional requirements and proper technical design.
- You extend our current performance regression tests.
- You assist in execution a big scale performance test on a yearly basis
Where would we be without passion for software development? We would also like to see this passion in you and we would like you to share this with your colleagues. You're driven to take things proactively instead of waiting for something to happen - even when it's never been done before. Open and transparent, are the most important qualities we want to see in you. In addition, you breathe quality and stand behind your technical skills and know how to combine this perfectly with a pragmatic mentality.
Our ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- Experience with a performance test tool, like JMeter, LoadRunner, Neoload or others
- Experience with network traffic tools is nice. E.g. Postman, Fiddler, browser Dev Tools
- Experience with Agile software development
- You prefer to prevent issues over fixing them
- You are an ambassador of the shift left approach
- You take initiative and are proactive
- You have great communication skills
- You are analytical
- Most important, you love performance testing
Our continuously growing Development team consists of 180 excellent colleagues in the Netherlands and India who inspire each other on a daily basis. Achieving a goal gives a kick, but the journey towards it gives satisfaction and creates the best learning moments. We celebrate success in different ways: from giving compliments and big team events to spare-time initiatives that bring our people closer together.
We are large enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You are the director of your own career.
This is how we improve your daily business:
- Meaningful training opportunities to fulfill your potential.
- Contribute to the realization of ideas that really add value for our customers.
- Numerous benefits that stimulate a healthy lifestyle.
We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package. Curious to find out how enjoyable working at Planon can be? View our local benefits package here: benefits netherlands
Do you want to improve the quality in our software solutions for 2500 international customers?
Apply and we will bring you in contact with our colleagues!
No agencies, please. Only personal applications will be considered.