Compliance and Privacy Officer
Are you pragmatic, do you have affinity with privacy and compliance related issues and do you have experience within an international company? Continue reading about this interesting opportunity we offer.
Advise and control the organization on privacy related topics: your job
As a result of our international company growth, we are looking for a privacy and compliance officer. You will fulfill a new position and become a member of the Planon Legal Department at our headquarters in Nijmegen. You are responsible for several challenging privacy and compliance tasks. Because this is a new role, you will design and implement a privacy and compliance program as it evolves with the business, inform and advise the entire company globally on privacy and compliance issues and supervise privacy and compliance related laws and regulations.
You create awareness, promote and play an active role in privacy and compliance related issues and facilitate the translation of applicable legal requirements into day-to-day operations and procedures. You will report directly to the General Counsel and work closely together with the marketing and sales teams and the security, HR, legal and finance departments.
You successfully fulfill your role by:
- Designing, implementing, executing and maintaining a privacy program and related policies to push the company and product to a higher overall required level of compliancy including GDPR and related privacy compliancy regulations;
- Conducting or coordinating, if needed, DPIAs and maintaining the record of processing activities;
- Drafting and negotiating data protection agreements with customers, suppliers and partners;
- Designing, implementing a customer acceptance procedures and procedures related to import and export control rules and trade regulations as part of the compliance program;
- Successfully translating compliance related laws and regulations into clear and practical policies and guidelines for the business as part of the compliance program;
- Mapping out potential risks, identifying which privacy and compliance topics are already covered and which can be improved. You take ownership and involve everyone within the company in a constructive and positive way, by pro-actively advising on, taking care and creating awareness of privacy and compliance issues and promoting the privacy and compliance programs through training and communication. You are the person to go to for questions on privacy and compliancy issues;
The Netherlands Nijmegen Shared Services - Legal 5-10 years
Our mission is to deliver in-house software solutions that enable our clients to effectively solve their challenges – and that’s no simple task. To fulfill our mission, we need you to be entrepreneurial, client-oriented and analytical. You are a qualified privacy officer with experience in an international company and who likes to deliver hands-on support on compliancy related issues as well.
Pierre (General Counsel) explains: 'We are looking for someone with experience in an international company in a similar role with respect to privacy. Someone who features good project management skills and who is organizationally strong. You have to be firm, persuasive, as well as social, connecting and build relationships and ownership naturally. If this fits your profile, we would like to meet you as soon as possible! In return we offer you a flexible work environment in an enthusiastic and young team with lots of growth opportunities and legal challenges.'
Our ideal candidate meets the following criteria:
- A Master's degree law (or comparable), specialized in data protection and compliance law and preferably knowledgeable in IT and/or compliancy related law;
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant international experience in various privacy or compliancy roles;
- Proven knowledge of privacy and compliance laws and regulations, for example GDPR, ePrivacy and Anti Money Laundering Directive;
- Proven and strongly developed business sense and interest in technology to be able to work with internal and external stakeholders in an international, multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- Proven project management skills, organizationally strong and brings overview and works structurally;
- Analytical, discrete, objective, independent and excellent communication skills and professional working proficiency in English and Dutch (pre: French and German).
We all know the finish can be breathtaking, but we believe the journey creates the best memories and learning moments. The magic happens outside your comfort zone. That’s why we celebrate our success in many ways – from sharing compliments and large team events to spare-time initiatives that help our people become more than just employees.
We are large enough to offer exciting career opportunities and small enough to recognize your individual contribution. You’re the director of your own career.
How we improve your life at work:
- Challenging projects with world-leading clients, both national and international
- Our Performance Management Program, including your personal development plan, annual goals, support and guidance
- A training budget for your personal development, provided by our Planon Academy
- Creating ideas that genuinely add value for our client
We offer you a good balance between work and leisure, along with an attractive and competitive salary and benefits package. Curious to find out what’s it like to work at Planon? View our local benefits package here: Benefits Netherlands
Are you able to add value to our legal team and the overall Planon goals for the bright future?
Apply now and find out how enjoyable working at Planon can be.
No agencies please. Only personal applications will be considered.